Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Moving More All The Time


WOW, what a great week, this weeks weigh-in was such a surprise.  Week #9, a 3 pound loss for a total of 22 pounds surpassing my 10% weight loss goal.  I received my 10% key chain which I am really happy to share with you.
I must say I didn't think it would be any big deal getting this key chain but it was a great feeling knowing that I had achieved this goal.  After my weigh-in I kept thinking what did I do to have such a good week, well it's simple I worked the program--if you work the program, the program works.  What's not simple is working the program all of the time.  There are so many distractions in our life and when one pops up I try to look at it and figure out how I can make lemonade out of lemons.  Let me give you a couple of examples this week.  Saturday our gym is closed (that's another story) and while we were in Springfield (that's the big city) Jan said lets go to the zoo.  Now it's not a big zoo but it has everything you would want in a zoo and with plenty of hands on things to do like feeding the giraffes, etc.  We walked for a solid 2 hours, what a great way to get some exercise in.  On Mondays, we volunteer at Horses of Hope and we walked the horses around with children on them for 3 hours, that were physically and or mentally challenged.  Take a look around and figure out how to make your distractions work for you, it will make a difference and you'll feel good about it.


Having fun feeding the Giraffe's


This week was pretty exciting as I was asked at my Weight Watchers meeting last week why I haven't applied to come to work for them.  I told them I was waiting to get back to goal, but they said you're close enough and the next thing I know I was having an interview with the District Recruiting Manager.  I will keep you informed as to what happens.

I've been telling you that I was going to share some food finds and recipes with you so here goes.  The food find is Crunchmaster 7 Grain Crackers, we found these at Sam's Club, they're great tasting and the serving size is huge, 16 crackers.  The recipe is for Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken, can you say easy and yummy.
 
 
  
 
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken


Servings: 8 servings  Size: 1 cup
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 6 g • Carbs: 23 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:

  • 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
  • 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 8 oz frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • salt to taste


Directions:

Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot . Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.

Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.

Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.  Chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free yogurt or sour cream and reduced fat cheddar.

Don’t forget to add the nutritional information for the rice and or toppings.

If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment