Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We All Have Those Weeks

Weighed in today, Week #10, I was down .2 for a total of 22.2, and instead of whining about it, I thought to myself what really made this week different.  I came to the realization that there were three things out of the ordinary this week.  First, we went to Branson for 3 days and stayed at a really nice resort called the Ozark Mountain Resort.  This took me out of my routine and comfort zone.  In the picture below I'm standing on one of the balconies overlooking Table Rock Lake from our condo unit.
 
 
The next picture is the Branson strip at night, not quite Las Vegas but there must be at least 30 to 40 theaters and the talent and shows are incredible.  We saw 2 shows, Country Jubilee and the Hughes Family, they were both great but the Hughes Family was "IT."  (IT is the name of their show - See it...hear it...feel it...love it!  Five brothers, five wives, four adopted sisters and brothers from Russia and 34 children all singing, dancing and playing musical instruments, that's a total of 48 and they were absolutely fantastic, a must see.
 

 


Second, on Friday night we went out for a really nice dinner at The Texas Cattle and Land Restaurant, and even though I did my best to watch my portions we started out with deep fried pickles, then a wedge salad that could have feed four.  My entree was a grilled chicken breast and steamed spinach, although the chicken breast was at least 7 or 8 ounces.  Then the waiter was so thoughtful as we were passing on dessert,   he told us they use "Blue Bell Ice Cream", he brought us a scoop of ice cream so we wouldn't miss out trying it.
 
Third, I started an antibiotic this week.  I woke up Sunday morning with a toothache, I saw my dentist at church and told him what was going on and the next thing I know I was in his car going to his office.  Long story short a small infection that is being cleared up and we did get back to church before the service was over.  Now that's what I call service, thanks Dr. G.
 
There you have it, three things could have affected my weight loss this week.
 
Now that I'm back home it's weighing and measuring everything that goes in my mouth.  If you don't have a food scale I highly recommend you get one, it makes a huge difference.  I like the Weight Watchers scale as it will also calculate the points for what you are weighing.
 
Don't forget Thursday is Valentines Day, let your special someone know that something other than candy would be a welcome gift.  Remember if you don't ask for what you need, they will give you what they want to.
 
Now for my food find and recipe for the week, by the way our cat Cinder liked last weeks food find so much she wanted them all to herself. 
 
 
Veggie Straws, I forgot all about these, they take care of the crunchy salty want and the serving size is huge, 38 Veggie Straws.





Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

 
 

Servings: 9 • Size: 1 square
Calories: 150 • Fat: 7.5 g • Protein: 5 g • Carbs: 15 g • Fiber: 0.5 g

Ingredients:

  • cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tbsp light butter, softened
  • 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1 oz Baker's semi-sweet dipping chocolate
  • 18 raspberries


Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.

Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork until mixed through. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.

Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites and flour, do not over beat. Pour over graham cracker crust.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature then chill a few hours in the refrigerator.

Cut the cake into 9 slices. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted, careful not to burn. Use a spatula to drizzle the chocolate all over the top of the cheesecake. Top each piece with 2 raspberries.

 If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment