Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weather Permitting

Wow! Week #12, how did I do?  Who knows...my Weight Watchers meeting was cancelled today due to the snow.  I never heard that in Las Vegas, but the fact remains that I feel like I had a great week and I don't need the scale to tell me that.  Sometimes I think we put way to much emphasis on the scale, we know if we had a good week or not .  We know if we exercised, followed our good health guidelines and if we tracked, don't let the scale fool you with a false sense of security.  We still have to make a commitment to change our lifestyle to a healthy one.

Our little town of Bolivar has taken on Americas challenge to get healthy, they started a program six weeks ago to lose weight and at the end of the six weeks if you lost at least 6 pounds but not more than 12 pounds you would be entered into a drawing for prizes like iPads and other goodies.  I figured why not I was in the process of getting back to goal so I signed up and this Monday was the final weigh in.  I lost exactly 12 pounds over the 6 weeks, maybe I'll win an iPad.

Exercise has been slim this week as the gym was closed Thursday and Friday due to an ice storm, we had rain, sleet, snow and ice.  We didn't leave the house on Thursday but on Friday we decided to get bundled up and walk to our local market as we didn't want to try and drive due to the condition of the roads.  The market has a deli area and some seating so we had chicken and salad and then walked back home.  Today we woke up to 5 inches of snow, again the schools and the gym were closed and we aren't going anywhere.  By the way it's still snowing, who knows what the total snowfall will be.
This is from our back deck
 
From the front porch
 
Poor Abby, trying to find a spot to go potty!

When I started this blog I wondered if anyone would read it, was I surprised when I found out that it's being followed not only in the USA but also Canada, Puerto Rico, Germany, Finland, United Kingdom and Croatia.  Thanks to everyone for your support and don't hesitate to share it with friends and family.

I want to remind everyone to keep tracking, the accountability will aid in your success.  Here are a few little sayings to help remind you to track, why not put them on post it notes and stick them all over, what great reminders.

     If you bite it, write it.
     If you drink it, ink it.
     If you snack it, track it.
     If you nibble it, scribble it.
     If you steal it, reveal it.
     If you hog it, log it.
     If you grab it, blab it.
     If you lick it, BIC it.
     If it goes in your smacker, put it in your tracker.
     Grab your pencil, before your utensil

Have a great week, I hope you enjoy the food find and recipe this week.

For a real treat you'll enjoy this food find, Jan likes the Chocolate Cupcake pudding and I like the Lemon Meringue.  We got it at Walmart with the non refrigerated puddings, only $1.00 for a four pack.

Lemon – White Chocolate Tartlets

 

Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 1 tartlet, Fat: 1 g - Protein: .5 g - Carb: 5.5 g - Fiber: 0 g 

Ingredients:
 
     1 package frozen miniature phyllo shells
     4 tablespoons lemon curd (such as Dickinsons's)
     1 tablespoon

Directions:


Combine lemon curd and white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds (morsels will not look melted).  Stir until morsels melt.  Spoon the lemon mixture evenly into phyllo shells.  Top with Fat Free Whip Cream.
 
To make it really festive top with optional fruit such as raspberries.

If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment