Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Journey Back to Goal

Working My Way Back to Goal
The first thing I needed to do was to get back to Weight Watchers, I attended my first meeting on December 4, 2012 and the following is how the scale has treated me:
 
Week #         Date         Lbs Lost        Total Loss 
     1           12/11/12           6.0                   6.0
     2           12/18/12           2.4                   8.4
     3           12/25/12           No Meeting                      
     4           01/01/13           5.0                 13.4
     5           01/08/13           1.0                 14.4
     6           01/15/13           2.4                 16.8
     7           01/22/13           1.0                 17.8
     8           01/29/13           1.2                 19.0
 
You'll notice that there was no meeting on Christmas day, however, there was a meeting on New Years day.  We were given the opportunity to vote on whether we wanted a meeting on January 1st or not, it was a resounding yes.  In addition to having the holidays during this eight week period it was also my anniversary, Jan and I have been married for 44 years and we celebrated with a really nice meal (BBQ).  Thank goodness for my weekly Points Plus Allowance and the fact that I could have anything I wanted, I just needed to watch my portions.
 
I'm very happy with the last eight weeks and I attribute the success to meetings, journaling, good health guidelines and activity.  I never missed a meeting, journaled everyday, regularly accomplished the good health guidelines and stepped up my activity.  Ever since my health issues, activity has been minimal.  However, I have worked extremely hard to pick it up, and have been going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week.  I try to take our Great Dane, Abby, for a walk most days.  She really likes it, and loves going to our beautiful park.  I've enjoyed running again although not outside due to the weather but on the treadmill and look forward to participating in a 5k and working my way back to a half marathon.  Don't let the weather stop you from exercising there are a lot of things you can do inside to move more, the following is a great 15 minute routine you can do inside that is equivalent to walking a mile.  Turn on some music and then do the following:
 
2 minutes Marching in place
3 minutes Side stepping
1 minute Marching in place
3 minutes Knee lifts
1 minute Marching in place
3 minutes Kicks
2 minutes Marching in place
 
This Sunday is the Super Bowl, if you are going to a party don't go hungry, bring something that you like to eat or snack on and works for you--and drink, drink, drink, your favorite non caloric drink that is.  Enjoy the game and the commercials.  Go 49er's
 
I bought this product at the market last week and then today there was a $1.00 coupon in the Weight Watchers Weekly this week, it was tender, juicy and portioned.
 
15 - 2 oz Tenders, only 1 point each
 
A few pictures of our park, it was 74 degrees Monday so we took advantage of it.
 

It's about 3/4 of a mile walk around the lake

 Lots of ducks and swans in the lake,
Jan brings bread to feed them
 Running in the park with Abby
 
If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment