Tuesday, March 5, 2013

FREE! FREE!! FREE!!!

Week 13...it's been 3 months and I'm freeeeee!  I lost 3.8 this weigh in for a total of 29.4, I'm just 1.8 from my lifetime goal and since I'm not more than 2 pounds over goal I didn't have to pay today, as a matter of fact, since I paid my $13.00 before I got on the scale they gave it back to me.  It felt like I was getting a refund.  I can't tell you what a great feeling it was not to pay and be so close to goal.  Never again do I want to go through that.

I was able to increase my activity this week even though the  gym was closed one day because of bad weather.  I've been working hard on my running by increasing my distance and pace and my next major goal is 6 miles at an 11 minute pace.  I'm thinking about getting the Weight Watchers Activelink, I'll let you know how it is when I do.  I know it's hard to get started exercising for some so here are a few things that might help you get started:
  • Choose something that you like to do,
  • Put it on your calendar, that way you make time for it.
  • Make sure you have the proper clothing or equipment.
  • Don't think you have to do it all at once, a little here and a little there is better than nothing.
Make activity part of your routine - get at least 30 minutes a day in.
  • Park farther away from the building you are going to.
  • Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
  • Sit on an exercise ball while at the computer or watching television.
  • Walk in place or on a treadmill while watching TV.
  • Do sit-ups or push-ups during commercials.
  • Read while on an exercise bike.
  • Walk while talking on the telephone as much as possible.  Time will fly while enjoying a good conversation.
  • Join an exercise class that will create accountability to your exercise routine.
  • Play with your children or grandchildren, they love playing chase, catch and basketball.
I mentioned the weather earlier and I want to share a few pictures with you.  One day it never stopped snowing and Jan's phone didn't stop ringing, you see Jan has told everybody that she wants snow, lots of snow and now everyone is blaming her.
Jan just can't get enough snow

Jan and Abby playing in the snow

Our local golf course, I guess I won't be playing for a while

Jan and the neighbor kids bombarding me with snowballs


Remember, your weight goal is not a destination,
it is a journey, enjoy it
 



Here is your food find and recipe for the week, these muffins are one of my favorites.



This is a real easy recipe and something that you normally wouldn't do.  The serving size is a good size, 6 oz of chicken.  Keep in mind that you can always change things up like the serving size and also the ingredients, you can use Laughing Cow Cheese instead or Fiber One cereal crunched up for the bread crumbs.  Think out of the box, mix things up and have fun playing with your food.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Calories: 378 • Fat: 10 g • Protein: 55 g • Carbs: 8 g • Fiber: 0.5 g
Ingredients:

  • cooking spray
  • 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
  • salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
  • 6 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half


Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.


If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the bottom of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment