Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Official

It's official!  I'm finally an employee of Weight Watchers.  Weight Watchers in Missouri is not a franchise, it is part of the national corporate structure, which means the ball rolls slowly, very slowly.  I first told you in early February that they wanted me to come on staff, little did I know that there were layers of corporate requirements that had to be peeled through.  I am looking forward to leading meetings again, but first I have to learn the computer system.  What is interesting is that the computer system for at work or satellite meetings is different than traditional meetings, so I have to learn both of them.  I really don't anticipate that will take to long.

Weigh in this week went well, I lost 2.8 pounds for a total of 32.2 and I am now one pound under goal.  One of the things that took place when I filled out all of the new employment papers was to have my height measured which is now 1 1/2 inches less than when I originally reached my lifetime goal, so I may have to lower my goal to my new height.  Wow, putting those years on stinks!

Jan joined Weight Watchers last week and she lost 5.8 pounds this week.  She is so motivated and I am really proud of her.

I was surprised at my weight loss this week as I only went to the gym once as I volunteered at Horses of Hope for four days last week.  They had a special program for the County Probation Department, they brought seven teenagers 14 to 16 who are on probation to do a service project and then get to ride the horses.  They cleaned, scrubbed, painted, hauled hay, cleaned stalls and much more and then enjoyed a day of riding.  I had the opportunity to spend three days working alongside a young man who was looking to start over.  Besides being a hard worker we shared stories and had several in depth conversations.  When he was leaving he stopped shook my hand and said thank you, just maybe I did or said something that will help change his life.  The important thing that this program was to teach all of them was, that one person can make a difference and that person can be them.  I wouldn't trade that week for anything!

On Friday we went to Silver Dollar City in Branson, that's our Disneyland here. We had a great time and walked and walked, maybe I did get more exercise in than I thought.  The park is very well done with lots of terrific shops, restaurants and rides, it also includes a cave tour with over 750 steps that takes an hour to tour.  I did pretty good with the food choice as I had a Chefs Salad, half of a potato, a bite of a cookie and lots of water.  It was really crowded as it was opening day, due to the winter weather here they don't open in January and February.  Speaking of winter weather we have a winter storm watch right now and they are predicting at least six inches of snow Thursday and Friday, I'll let you know next week.

Did I say it was crowded?

Playing with the high pressure water guns.

The big rush at closing.

Does anybody out there have friends or family that just keeps pushing food at you, if you do I want you to remember that "NO" is a complete sentence and "NO, thank you" is a polite complete sentence.

The food find this week is just something that I like to have when I just need something sweet with out using a bunch of points, by the way I usually get these at Walmart but you can find it just about anywhere.



The recipe this week is a Passover recipe but you can use a tortilla instead of Matzo or anything else to change it up.

Passover Matzo Pizza


Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 pizza • Calories: 230 • Fat:  6g  Protein:12 g • Carb: 35 g • Fiber: 3 g
 
Ingredients:

  • 4 fat free matzo crackers
  • 6 tbsp crushed tomatoes  
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella  
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced paper thin
  • a few thin slices of red onion
  • 12 black olives
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil for topping

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375°. Place a rack on a baking sheet.

Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes on each matzo. Don't put too much or it will get soggy. Sprinkle with oregano then top with tomatoes and onions. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese on each one, olives and bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5-6 minutes.

You can change things up by using a whole variety of vegetables.

If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the top right of this post.
 

1 comment:

  1. Like the idea of the "pizza", mainly 'cause of the olives. Then popsicles for dessert. Win win! ◡‿◡

    ReplyDelete