Tuesday, May 7, 2013

GOAL!

You might remember I said that my height changed (getting older) and due to the fact that I am two inches shorter now than when I originally reached my lifetime goal, I needed to change my goal by nine pounds less.  I am thrilled to tell you that I not only lost those pounds I put on the first nine months here in Missouri, but also those last additional nine pounds.  I am officially at my new lifetime goal with a loss of .8 today for a total of  41.2 pounds.  It just goes to show that if you stop tracking and stop going to the meetings your only kidding yourself, LESSON LEARNED!  Jan was up a little today but is feeling strong and positive about this coming week.

Here are the next two mind tricks to fool yourself into eating less.

3.  Mono Place Settings - Participants in a Consumer Research study dished themselves less food when the tablecloth and dishware color matched.  White dishes/  Use a white tablecloth.

4.  100 is the Perfect Number - Those bite-size snacks really work!  a 2011 study found that participants ate 25.2% fewer calories when eating from 100-calorie packs than from larger bags of snacks.

I went to Chicago for three days last week to attend the Weight Watchers Basic Leader Skills training.  They paid for everything and there were 22 participants from all over the country, it was first class all the way.  I went with the mindset that I was going to enjoy and learn something, I have to say that both happened.  The national trainers had no idea of my past relationship with Weight Watchers and I kept it that way, the final feedback from them was that I would make a very good leader.  That was good to hear!
Chicago Skyline, didn't see it, never left the Hyatt Regency

I didn't get a chance to be active much in Chicago so my activity points last week were way down from previous weeks, although I did earn enough to accomplish my goal for the week.  This is a perfect example of setting an achievable goal, sometimes we just set goals that we aren't able to reach and then we think of ourselves as failures and that even makes it harder to continue what we are trying to accomplish.  So set reasonable goals that make you reach just a little and you will find your success within that reach.

Something to think about.......

                    In all our effort to be active,
                we park our car as close to the fitness   club as close as possible.
 

The last winter storm that came through the Ozarks surprised everyone, snow in May!  last Wednesday it was 86 degrees and I burned the top of my head mowing the lawn.  Friday morning leaving for the airport to start my Chicago trip there was snow, we probably ended up with at least 2 inches of snow.  Today it was 75 degrees, I wish it would make up its mind.
Going out to warm up the car

The back deck Friday morning

This weeks food find was a real surprise, I found it at Walmart mixed in with some other oddball stuff.  It's almost gone and I will have to get some more.

Serving size - 25 crackers

The recipe this week was delicious, enjoy!

Cajun Shrimp Stew
 
 
Calories: 230, Fat 2.5g, Fiber 2g, Carb 39g, Sugars 3g,
Protein 13g
Ingredients:

4 cups water
1/2 cup no-calorie granulated sweetener
2 cups long grain rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
4 chopped Roma tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 (16 oz) pkg. 31-40 count frozen, uncooked shrimp
1 cup sliced scallions or green onions
2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
Directions:

1. Boil the water in a large saucepan. Stir in sweetener and rice. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside.

2. Heat the olive oil in a stock pot. Add corn, tomatoes and bell pepper. Sauté until soft. Add chicken stock, seasonings and shrimp. Allow liquid to reduce and shrimp to cook until pink, about 10 minutes.

3. Stir in scallions and yogurt. Serve over the rice.
Yield: 12 Servings - Serving Size: 1/2 Cup Rice and About 3 Shrimp per serving
If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the top right of this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment