Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What - Snow in April!

I can't believe it, snow flurries and sleet in April.  Where's that warm weather?  I can't wait to wear some shorts.  I'm sure that in a few months I'm going to say, where's the cooler weather, I'm tired of this heat and humidity.

I led my first meeting here today and it went well.  I was subbing for another leader, but wasn't told until yesterday.  I'm looking forward to getting some of my own meetings.  Weigh in was great, I lost 2.6 pounds for a total of 36.2 and getting close to my new goal weight based on the shorter Bob.  Jan also had a great week, she was down 2.4 pounds for a total of 8.2, what success as she was in Phoenix last week playing grandma.

I must say that I'm really enjoying my eTools and mobile app, I haven't used it in a long time and it has really helped me be accountable.  Next I'm going to activate my ActiveLink.  I'll give you a report on that in a few weeks.  Accountability and flexibility, that's what makes Weight Watchers work for me.  I love the activity routine that I've created for myself and like today I made sure that I brought my exercise clothes with me so all I had to do was change and go.  I don't know if I would have gone back out if I had to go home to change.  Planning ahead makes a difference, so if we work on establishing routines, planning ahead, being flexible and staying accountable our weight loss journey should be enjoyable as we witness our success.  It is up to you to make that happen, remember, the best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

Last week was Easter and Passover, I hope everyone had a great holiday and appreciated the meaning of them.  From Exodus to Resurection, what more can we ask for!

I want to share this great Easter card with you, it made me laugh.
Lets see the Easter Bunny do that!

Last Saturday I went to the zoo as they had a special program where the animals were given paper-mache eggs filled with hard boiled eggs, ice eggs and watermelon, they really tore them apart.  The only downer for the day was that it rained and rained and rained and the wind blew and it was in the low thirties, needless to say I didn't stay for the whole program.
All of the animals seemed to have a good time

Most of you know that I am a junkie at heart, anything chocolate or just sweet, so the food find this week was right up my alley, Goldfish Fudge Brownie flavor.

Gluten free, that's right I hear that all the time, it seems like more people need to be gluten free these days.  The recipe this week is gluten free although the nutritional information is nothing to write home about.  Remember though that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if the nutritional value is a little high that it will be worth it.

Apples and Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 bowl (1/4 of recipe) • Calories: 316 • Fat: 8 g      Carbs: 53 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 9 g

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins
  • 1 cup warmed fat-free milk for drizzling (non-dairy milk is fine)
  • 1 gala apple, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:

Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
Divide cooked quinoa between four bowls then stir in apple sauce, raisins, and pour in warmed milk. Top with fresh cut apples and pecans and a dash of cinnamon.
If you received this post by email subscription and you want to see previous posts click on Choosing to be healthy at the top of this post or go to http://choosingtobehealthynow.blogspot.com

If you want to receive my post automatically each week, make sure you sign up at the top right of this post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment